Friday, March 8, 2013

Beginning stages of action research

This week marks the first full week really diving into action research.  Week 1 was a good introduction, but this week we have been listing lots of examples of action research in school settings in many different categories such as School Performance, Individual Teachers, and School Management.  This week I have learned that action research can be used everyday if needed.  Before I thought of action research as a major project that would take weeks of planning before implementing.  My favorite practice that I learned about is conducting action research during faculty meeting by meeting in pairs or groups to discuss problems and solutions with fellow teachers.  I also learned that this is not a 1 hour process.  Action research is a systematic approach to solving a problem.  It takes evaluation, questions, more evaluation, reflection, and more questions!  Action research is beginning to grow on me because it engages everyone who has a hand in it.

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is great you are putting emphasis on the fact that action research is a systematic approach. It really outlines how this a very specific process.

    ReplyDelete